In my position, I use MS SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) every day. I'm not a power user by any stretch, but I still crave keyboard shortcuts to make things easier. I mostly use it to look up/change information in our databases. I've compiled a list of keyboard shortcuts I use on a regular basis. This is not a list for the power user, but a good start if you are just learning or have a role similar to mine and want to be more efficient.
I use SQL Management Studio V17.0 and all these work on my system. Some do not work on different versions of SSMS.
- Open a new query window (CTL+N)
- Execute the highlighted query (F5)
- Open query pane after "Edit top 200 rows" (CTL+3)
- Toggle results pane (CTL+4)
- Toggle between open tabs (CTL+TAB)
- Cycle through MDI query windows (CTL+F6) (SHIFT+CTL+F6)
- Close the current MDI (CTL-F4)
- Toggle through tool windows (ALT-F7)
- Toggle between edit and results pane (F6)
- Toggle full screen mode (SHIFT+ALT+ENTER)
- Goto Line (CTL-G)
- Comment out current selection/line (CTL-K, CTL-C)
- Uncomment current selection/line (CTL-K, CTL-U)
- Copy the result grid and headers to the clipboard (CTL-SHIFT-C)
If I missed one that really helps you out, leave a note in the comments.