Here is a list of Home Automation podcasts that I currently listen to. By no means is this an exhaustive list, but I'd argue it's the cream of the crop. When I seach for a podcast to listen to, I make sure it's a currently running show and of course it has to be at least semi-entertaining. I use the Overcast app on iOS to make a "smart" playlist to play in date order the following smart home podcasts:
- AVWeek - Weekly roundtable podcast with the latest in AV news.
- Conversation of Things - With only 3 episodes as I write this, it appears to be a monthlyish show discussing the smart home, tech and gadgets. I have not listened to this one yet, but it's in my queue, so no promises.
- Home Automation Nation - Every other week and over 70 episodes so far, Megan and Scott banter about the smart home from the consumer perspective.
- Home On - Hosted by Richard Guenther, this every-other-week-ish show usually has a new guest every week. At 90+ episodes, this podcast has been going strong since June of 2013 and is geared toward the home automation enthusiast and DIYer.
- HomeTech.fm - Hosts Seth Johnson and Jason Griffing approach the world of the smart home from the professional installer perspective. Going strong at close to 180 episodes, this one is generally weekly and a must-listen for the asipiring smart home guru.
- The Internet of Things Podcast - Stacey Higginbotham and Kevin Tofel break down the latest news on the internet of things. This one is weekly and it's run is at 130 episodes.
- IT AV - This one covers AV from the perspective of the IT professional. I just found this one and have not listened yet. At 8 episodes in 10 months, I don't have high hopes, but I'll give it a try.
- RESET - Hosted by David McCabe, he covers home automation in your daily lives. He also covers networking and home storage. This is definately an entertaining show and is released weekly.
- Resiweek - Weekly round-table hosted by Matt D. Scott. Residential AV news for the AV pro. Good source of home automation news and currently at 84 episodes.
- The Smart Home Show - Smart home goodness hosted by Michael Wolf. This podcast is a rundown of smart home news and usually an interview with somebody in the industry. The shows are not numbered, but I have been listening to this one for years.
- Smart Kitchen Show - Also hosted by Michael Wolf, this show is generally in the same news/interview format and focused on the smart kitchen.
I'm about 2 months behind on listening to these home automation podcasts because I have 13 other podcasts I listen to along with the occasional audiobook. I have a long commute and listen anytime I'm doing something mindless like cleaning or yardwork. Keeping up with this many podcasts would not be possible without the Overcast app and listening on 2.25x speed. The app also has "smart speed" which removes the dead air from the podcasts. In the 3 years I've been using the app, it claims "smart speed" had saved me 444 hours beyond speed adjustments alone. I listen a lot.
If there is a podcast I should be listening to, let me know in the comments and I'll add it to the list.