List of the Best External Portable Chargers with Lightening Input Charging

Most external portable chargers use micro-usb to charge it. If you are an all-Apple home and would just like to use lightening to charge the charger, here are some options listed from the highest capacity on down.


AUKEY 30000mAh Portable Charger with Quick Charge 3.0

  • Capacity: 30,000 mAh | Quick charge 3.0 (Charge 4x faster)
  • Built in flashlight | Includes USB-A to USB-C cable | 2 charging ports
  • Micro-USB and Lightning input ports (cannot use both to charge faster)
  • Weight: 1.3 pounds | Dimensions: 5.9 x 3.3 x 1.1 inches | 2 year warranty

One of the highest capacity chargers around. Would be perfect for a camping trip to keep everybody charged, just don't drag it with you on a long hike. The battery indicator light is red with 0-30% remaining, green for 30-70% and white for 70-100%. Can fully charge from 0 to 100% in 12 hours with a 2.4A charger. Hook this up to a Nintendo Switch and play for hours and keep 100% charge on the Switch.


AUKEY 20000mAh Power Bank

  • Capacity: 20,000 mAh | # Charging ports: 2
  • Micro-USB and Lightning input ports (cannot use both to charge faster)
  • Weight: 13.7 oz | Dimensions 5.9 x 3.3 x 0.8 in

Includes quick charge 3.0 which can charge devices 4x faster (not iPhones). Keep this between your kids in the back seat and you won't hear a peep from them the whole trip. This will charge an iPhone 7 Plus 4.5 times. The battery indicator light is red with 0-30% remaining, green for 30-70% and white for 70-100%. Can fully charge from 0 to 100% in 9-10 hours with a 2.4A charger.


Xnuoyo 20000mAh Power Bank w/ Digital LED Display

  • Capacity 20,000 mAh with 2 charging ports
  • Digital LED capacity display
  • Micro-USB and Lightning input ports (cannot use both to charge faster)
  • Weight: 11.2 oz | Dimensions: 6.9 x 3.6 x 0.4 inches

This is perfect for everyday charging because of it's thin profile and is handy to have on hand during a blackout (you'd be so bored if you had a dead phone). The digital capacity display is rare on portable chargers and shows exactly how much charge is left.


Poweradd Pliot 4GS Plus 20000mAh External Battery Pack

  • Capacity: 20,000 mAh with 2 charging ports
  • Micro-USB and Lightning input ports (cannot use both to charge faster)
  • Includes: Lightning cable and Micro-USB cable
  • Weight: 1 pound | Dimensions: 6.8 x 3.2 x 0.6 inches

This charger comes in the following colors: Red, Silver, and Rose Gold. Handy charger to keep on hand to stay charged while sitting at your kid's boring soccer game. Capacity is shown with 4 led lights (more lights = more charge).


Poweradd Pliot 4GS Plus 20000mAh External Battery Pack

  • Capacity: 16750 mAh with 2 charging ports
  • Micro-USB and Lightning input ports can charge simultaneously
  • Weight: 1.1 pounds | Dimensions: 7.1 x 5.6 x 1.6 inches

Now you can provide portable charging for yourself and your new best friend sitting next to you on the plane. This is one of the few chargers you can charge with both input ports simultaneously. 4 LEDs show the amount of charge left.


Xnuoyo Power Bank 12000mAh

  • Capacity: 12,000 mAh with 2 charging ports
  • Micro-USB and Lightning input ports (cannot use both to charge faster)
  • Weight: 7.2 oz | Dimensions: 5.6 x 0.4 x 3 inches

If you are still playing Pokeman Go, then this is the pocketable, portable charger for you! Four LEDs indicate the charge level. Comes is black, black or black. The charge capacity of the two ports are 2.4A and 1.0A. It has an aluminum case so it dissipates heat well.


ROMOSS 10000mAh Power Bank

  • Capacity: 10,000 with 2 charging ports
  • Micro-USB and Lightning input ports (cannot use both to charge faster)
  • Weight: 8.8 oz | Dimensions: 3.6 x 1.2 x 2.2 inches

At this size/weight, you are getting some serious pocketability. When your kid starts complaining about the battery life on their 5 year old hand-me-down iPhone 5, you can give them this and tell them to suck it up. This one has the typical 4 LED capacity lights.


MoKo 5000mAh Portable Charger

  • 5,000 mAh with 2 charging ports
  • Micro-USB and Lightning input ports (cannot use both to charge faster)
  • Weight: 4.5 oz | Dimensions: 2.68 x 5.39 x 0.28 in

This is enough to charge an iPhone 7 Plus 1.1 times. At less than 5 ounces, you could keep this in your back pocket all day (just take it out when you sit so you don't squish it). Again, we have 4 LED lights to show the current state of charge.